Dr. Kaufman is a licensed psychologist with expertise and experience in providing behavioral treatments for weight loss.
- Are you dissatisfied with your current weight?
- Do you lack confidence that you can lose weight and then maintain?
Do you tend to overeat when...
- You feel sad or down?
- You feel worried or stressed?
- You feel busy or rushed?
- You feel angry or frustrated?
- You feel bored or tired?
With Dr. Kaufman, you will work to strengthen your mental ABCs of weight loss:
- Affect: learn to manage your emotions more effectively
- Behavior: develop a plan of action that will help you reach your ideal weight
- Cognitions: build confidence and a positive mindset for success
Dr. Kaufman personally understands what it takes to lose weight successfully and keep it off, having lost 50 pounds following a health scare in 2009.
Dr. Kaufman is now accepting new clients at his Washington, DC and Fairfax offices.
His new book, Mindful Sport Performance Enhancement: Mental Training for Athletes and Coaches, published by APA Books is now available to order, as is the accompanying DVD!
Fill out the form below to make an appointment or to schedule a FREE 15-minute phone consultation.