Dr. Kaufman is a licensed psychologist with expertise and experience in providing behavioral treatments for weight loss.
- Are you dissatisfied with your current weight?
- Do you lack confidence that you can lose weight and then maintain?
Do you tend to overeat when...
- You feel sad or down?
- You feel worried or stressed?
- You feel busy or rushed?
- You feel angry or frustrated?
- You feel bored or tired?
With Dr. Kaufman, you will work to strengthen your mental ABCs of weight loss:
- Affect: learn to manage your emotions more effectively
- Behavior: develop a plan of action that will help you reach your ideal weight
- Cognitions: build confidence and a positive mindset for success
Dr. Kaufman personally understands what it takes to lose weight successfully and keep it off, having lost 50 pounds following a health scare in 2009.
Dr. Kaufman is now accepting new clients at his Washington, DC and Fairfax offices.
His new book, Mindful Sport Performance Enhancement: Mental Training for Athletes and Coaches, published by APA Books is now available for pre-order, as is the accompanying DVD!
Fill out the form below to make an appointment or to schedule a FREE 15-minute phone consultation.