Sport psychology services offered:
- Individual and group therapy sessions
- Individual and team consultation sessions
- Family sessions
- Parent consultations
- Educational workshops
- Coach trainings
- Mindful Sport Performance Enhancement (MSPE)
Common targets of sport psychology treatment:
- Performance anxiety
- Depression or burnout symptoms
- Emotion control problems
- Relationship conflicts
- Body image concerns
- Concentration difficulties
- Injury recovery
Sport psychology FAQs:
What is sport psychology?
- Sport psychology is the science dedicated to the understanding of behaviors and mental processes in sport settings.
What does a sport psychologist do?
- Sport psychologists can help athletes and coaches to understand how mental factors affect their performance, and introduce specific strategies to help them strengthen their mental skills.
Outside of his practice, Dr. Kaufman teaches Sport Psychology and has co-led a sport psychology lab at Catholic University in Washington, DC, which has developed an influential treatment for athletes, MSPE.
Dr. Kaufman also has written sport psychology articles or chapters appearing in
- Journal of Clinical Sport Psychology
- Mindfulness and Performance
- Wiley Blackwell Handbook of Mindfulness
- competitor magazine
- APA Books Blog
- NCAA Sport Science Institute Newsletter
and been interviewed regarding his sport psychology work by media outlets like
- The Washington Post
- Washingtonian Magazine
- Sports Illustrated
- Runner's World
- Miami Herald
- Chicago Tribune
- Women's Fitness Magazine
- Swimmer Magazine
- Super Human Radio
- High Performance Mindset
- Experience Life Magazine
Dr. Kaufman is
currently accepting new clients
offices. He is a licensed psychologist in Washington, DC and Virginia.